Heated Bat Rolling with Progressive Pressure by LongballBats:
NOT the cheapest. NOT the fastest. BUT our results speak for themselves!
Done the RIGHT Way | Add 20-40ft to your solid hits | 24 Hour Turnaround
You pay to ship your bat to us, we pay to ship your bat back to you!
See all the listing's pictures for past customer feedback!
LIMITED TIME: Use coupon code "ROLL3ATONCE" during checkout to save $20.00 when you send 3 bats to us at the same time!
Question: What is bat rolling?
Answer: Bat rolling is an advanced break-in procedure that allows us to completely and evenly break-in any composite or alloy baseball or softball bat, resulting in 20-40 foot increases to your solid hits as well as saving you hundreds of swings trying to get your bat performing the way you know it can/should. As a bonus, our Heat Roll with Progressive Pressure also prevents or eliminates “dead spots” in the barrel, something we commonly see in bats broken in the “traditional” way (use in games and/or batting practice.)
Q: Do used bats benefit from rolling, too?
A: Yes! You may notice with your non-rolled bat that not every solid hit has the same pop; some hits come off the bat much better than others. This is because when a bat is broken in the traditional way (during games or batting practice) the ball strikes certain areas of the barrel much more often than others, causing “dead spots.” Our Heat Roll with Progressive Pressure eliminates these dead spots and gives the bat a much more complete, uniform break-in.
Q: How do you roll a bat?
A: Here at LongballBats.com, we use a 2017 Patriot Bat Roller, a top-of-the-line machine that allows us to roll softball (fastpitch and slowpitch) and baseball (including BBCOR, 2018+ and 2-3/4" big barrel) bats both parallel and perpendicular, enabling us to perform the most in-depth break-in possible. This machine features the self-leveling adjustable TORQ system, which allows us to apply even pressure across the barrel of bats that aren’t flat.
Q: You advertise Heat Rolling with Progressive Pressure – what’s that?
A: When we perform our Heat Roll with Progressive Pressure, we take great pride in making sure the finished product is as impressive as possible. Since this is a two-part question, we’ll answer in two parts:
- Heat Rolling: rather than rolling your bat at room temperature, we’ve experimented over the years with heat and found that our results have been noticeably better when heat is used during the procedure. The temperatures we aim for vary from bat to bat, but we don't ever get bats hot enough to cause any damage; just hot enough to cause a noticeable improvement in distance added versus a room temperature roll.
- Progressive Pressure: for every pass we make in the roller, we don’t start out at max pressure (or even half of that.) Rather, we start at a fraction of max pressure and work our way up in small intervals. Yes, this process takes MUCH longer, but it’s a crucial step in making sure that the end result is as impressive as we expect! Nobody offers a more complete, more thorough break-in than we do.
Q: What is your turnaround time?
A: 24 hours for both local and mail-order business. If you’re local, we’ll have your bat ready within 24 hours of you dropping it off. We do not offer any “while you wait” rolling. If you’re mail order, we’ll have your bat shipping back to you the very next business day after we receive it (Monday-Friday are business days, excluding national holidays.)
Q: Will your Heat Roll with Progressive Pressure affect my bat's durability and longevity?
A: Since our service eliminates the need for a break-in period, many people think that it decreases the bat's life; this is false. Our Heat Roll with Progressive Pressure breaks the entire barrel in evenly with no dead spots, allowing it to flex in unison when it makes contact with a ball. Since many bat failures occur when a dead spot in the barrel doesn't flex as well as the rest of the barrel, it could easily be said that our Heat Rolling service actually INCREASES your bat's durability and longevity!
Q: Do you offer proof that you actually perform the service you sell?
A: Yes, of course. The results of our work on your bat will be obvious the first time you use it after getting it back – but just for good measure, we send you a short video clip of it being rolled, as well.
Q: What if I’m not 100% satisfied after you roll my bat?
A: We take multiple steps to ensure that every bat is broken in as completely as possible the first time around, including doing every single bat 100% by hand (that’s right, no motorized setups here) so that we can actually feel and hear the bat breaking in. That said, if you’re not 100% satisfied for any reason at all, we’ll re-roll your bat absolutely free of charge, you pay only for shipping.
Q: I’m ready to get my bat rolled, how do I get started?
A: If you’re LOCAL to us (we’re in King, NC) please Contact Us to make an appointment to drop your bats off in person.
If you’re not local to us, the shipping process is simple:
- Check out here on our website, buying one service for each bat you intend to send to us.
- Print your order confirmation and include it inside the package. If you don't have access to a printer, please include a hand written note with your order number written on it.
- Ship your bat(s) to us using any method you prefer. You pay for shipping to us and we ship back to you for free. You can find our shipping address on our Contact Us page.
- We’ll receive your package and get to work. Our turnaround time is 24 hours, which means we’ll ship your bats back out to you the very next business day after we receive them! We'll email you tracking info and your video clip after the bat(s) ship back to you.
If at any point during the process you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us! Thank you in advance for your business.